Talisman takes your privacy seriously. Please read through the following to learn what policies are in place regarding your privacy.
What we collect and how we collect it
Talisman collects the following Personal Information from your computer and browser, including:
- your IP address,
- Talisman Cookie Information, and
- your email address.
You directly provide the data Talisman collects. We collect data when you:
- Use or view the Talisman website via your browser’s cookies; or
- Voluntarily provide Talisman with your email address when signing up for the Talisman newsletter, or requesting Talisman contact you.
How we use what we collect
Talisman uses the Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Talisman uses data from cookies to help us assess why our Visitors are visiting the Talisman site, so we can tailor the site to better fit our visitors needs;
- Talisman uses data from cookies to customise your experience,
- Talisman uses your email to send you newsletters, with information we feel would be of interest or importance to you, or to contact you as you’ve requested.
Talisman does not rent or sell your Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated companies.
Talisman may use information we gather from your use of the Talisman site in an anonymised fashion. That is, we will not allow any third party access to Personal Information but we may compile and make public aggregated reports that show use-trends of the Talisman site or other similar data. These reports will not contain your Personal Information.
Where we keep your personal information, and how we protect it
Talisman stores your Personal Information through our third party partners, such as Mailchimp. Storage by any third parties will be governed by at least industry standard protections. Talisman will only keep the Personal Information you supply for as long as needed to fulfill the purpose for which you have supplied such information. With that being said, if you subscribe to our newsletter we will no longer store your email if you request to unsubscribe from the newsletter.
Talisman protects your Personal Information using industry standard security measures. We only allow approved contractors and employees who need to use Personal Information for their work with Talisman access to your Personal Information, and third party vendors who store your Personal Information must have adequate security measures in place. It is important to note that the nature of the internet does not allow for 100% security or your Personal Information. Although we take reasonable steps to prevent it, Talisman does not warrant that information will not be accessed or disclosed through a breach of any of our security protocol. If we become aware of a security breach involving your Personal Information, as soon as practicable, we will email you at the address you’ve provided, and post to the Talisman site a notice of such security breach.
Your rights regarding your personal information
Every Visitor to the Talisman site has the following rights:
- The right to access. You have the right to see the Personal Information you have provided to us,
- The right to rectification and erasure. You may request that Talisman correct any of your Personal Information, or you may complete any incomplete information we possess. You have the right to request Talisman delete the Personal Information stored.
- The right to object to processing or restrict processing. You have the right to request Talisman limit processing of your Personal Data, or you may object to the processing, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request Talisman transfer your data to another organisation or to you directly.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Functionality. Talisman uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Behaviour. Talisman uses these cookies to collect anonymous information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We use this data to analyse and help improve the experience of our website.
Third party privacy policies